My old boss at the studio called me today out of the blue because one of the lawyers who used to work at the studio with us called him about a position he wants me to interview for at his current company. As curve balls go, it's certainly the most flattering one I can recall having tossed my way. The problem with this is that I'm only eight months into a new job, and I'm incredibly uncomfortable with the idea of jumping ship again so soon, assuming the job was actually offered to me.
I don't recall if I mentioned this before, but I've already come to the conclusion that my current job isn't the one for me. While I enjoy the work and LOVE the people, the constantly fluctuating schedule has turned out to be far more frustrating that I thought it would be. The current plan was to stay with the job through the end of the 2014 season, which ends in October, and then start looking for another job.
Ideally, I'd love to keep working in the Arts, but my previous searches over the years seem to suggest that 9-5s are fairly uncommon. In fact, having looked just now I found another job that sounds fantastic but again requires a lot of evenings and weekends. I suppose that's the price one must usually pay to work in theatre. And if that's not for me, so be it. I love theatre and it's always going to be a part of my life, but maybe my contributions are meant to come from other avenues (e.g., performing or volunteering).
But who knows. It's possible I'm getting way ahead of myself. The first step now is to gather more information and sage advice. Thankfully I'm surrounded by really smart people who also happen to dispense really great advice. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment