My father arrived yesterday for his annual summer visit to the lovely locale of SoCal and apparently brought along a little of the East Coast weather, if only temporarily. But that's okay as we spent all of last night indoors playing board games and will likely repeat that cycle tonight are for the majority of his stay here.
The reason I'm such a bigger gamer nowadays is almost entirely due to my father's early influence. Sure, we played family favorites like Monopoly, Sorry!, Risk, and Clue when I was younger, but he also introduced me to Rail Baron, Acquire, Diplomacy and a handful of other games that required a bit (or a lot) more strategy. It also helped that my Uncle David and Aunt Susan were also big gamers, which allowed me access to even more playtime in my youth.
Once I got out of college there was a rather large lull in gaming until I arrived out in California and met a like-minded group of people, one of whom had compiled a very large collection of his own. Awash in a flood of new games, my desire was rekindled and with my new found disposable income I started building up my own collection of board games. Curious as to what I've currently got? Say no more!
7 Wonders (+ expansions)
Acquire (my father's originally)
Alhambra
Cards Against Humanity
Escape: Curse of the Temple
Forbidden Island
Guillotine
Kill Dr. Lucky
King of Tokyo (+ expansions)
La Strada
Lost Cities
Nothing Personal (Kickstarter)
Penny Arcade: The Game - Gamers vs. Evil
Penny Arcade: The Game - Rumble in R'lyeh
Race for the Galaxy (+ expansions)
Rail Baron (my father's originally)
Ruse & Bruise
Settlers of Catan (+ expansions)
Survive: Escape from Atlantis
Walk the Plank! (Kickstarter)
There's a lot more games I need to get my own copies of as well, but with the new job I'm going to have to curtail my board game spending for a while. *sad trombone*
No comments:
Post a Comment